Parish Council Minutes - June 17

Minutes of the Threlkeld Parish Council Meeting held at Threlkeld Village Hall, on Tuesday 20 June 2017 at 7.00pm

 

Present:  Cllr Carolyn Cripps chaired the meeting with Cllr Donald Angus, Cllr Mick Le’Huray, Cllr Dot Benson, Cllr Madeleine Singleton, Cllr David Arkley and Cllr Richard Sealby (EDC) attended.

Members of Public

1 Member of the public

2017 / 48 – Apologies

  • Cllr John Pickering, Cllr Roger Bragg, Cllr Les Dalzell & Cllr Tom Wentworth-Waites

2017 / 49 - Minutes

  • The minutes of the Council meeting held on 23 May 2017 was agreed for signing and initialling as a true record (Circulated prior to meeting).

2017 / 50 - Declarations of Interest

  • Cllr Carolyn Cripps – Item 61 – Planning Applications

2017 / 51 - Exclusion of Press & Public (Public Bodies Admission to Meetings Act 1960)

  • Not applicable to any agenda items. 

2017 / 52 - Democratic Half Hour / Public Question Time

  • None

2017 / 53 - Eden District Council & Cumbria County Council Representation 

  • Cllr Richard Sealby informed the parish council of the topics to be covered by the scrutiny committee over the coming year, these include, waste, recycling, footway lighting, car parking (CCC are reviewing parking in Penrith), public toilets, bus services (although a CCC responsibility EDC are trying to help), devolution, housing and the local plan. 
  • Cllr Tom Wentworth-Waites sent his apologies for the meeting, with an update that the extra signage and matting for the west end of the village have been agreed by Highways, just need to get a timescale.

2017 / 54 – Vacancy of Parish Councillor

  • David Arkley submitted an application form for the vacancy, his application had been circulated, and it was unanimously agreed to co-opt David on to the parish council.
  • The Acceptance of Office was completed and Cllr David Arkley to complete the Register of Interests and return to the clerk asap.

2017 / 55 – Flood bins

  • The flood bins provided by TPC after Storm Desmond were discussed, and it was agreed for the Clerk to look at the costs of more substantial metal bins for the storage of flood equipment.  To be discussed at the meeting in July. 

2017 / 56 – Retirement of school headteacher

  • It was agreed for TPC to arrange for a gift and card to be delivered to Mrs Hoarder for her retirement.  It was agreed to purchase a bouquet of flowers.   

2017 / 57 – United Utility works at Dickney

  • It was agreed to note the works at Dickney by United Utilities, as the works benefit the parishioners. 

2017 / 58 – Monies available to the Parish Council

  • Village Sign with details of “old” names for places within the parish – Cllr Donald Angus and CLlr David Arkley to look at ideas and contact other parishioners, and report back to the July meeting. 
  • To be placed on the next agenda for update and further discussion. 

2017 / 59 - Finance           

  • 59.1 - The Bank Reconciliation for June 2017 was approved for signing by the Chairman

Date

Description

Expenditure

Income

22/05/2017

Deposit

 

 £7.92

23/05/2017

R Kelly - Wages

 £2.20

 

23/05/2017

ARM Handyworks

 £70.00

 

23/05/2017

R Kelly Expenses

 £214.08

 

23/05/2017

R Bragg

 £135.00

 

23/05/2017

McKanes

 £69.32

 

24/05/2017

Deposit

 

 £424.94

26/05/2017

Deposit

 

 £15.00

28/05/2017

R Kelly Wages

 £204.10

 

28/05/2017

Heart internet

 £15.59

 

30/05/2017

Deposit

 

 £15.00

30/05/2017

Deposit

 

 £95.00

05/06/2017

Deposit

 

 £15.00

09/06/2017

Deposit

 

 £15.00

09/06/2017

Coal Authority

 

 £20.00

20/06/2017

Threlkeld Village Hall

 £14.00

 

20/06/2017

ARM Handyworks

 £70.00

 

20/06/2017

R Kelly Expenses

 £6.72

 

28/06/2017

R Kelly Wages

 £204.10

 

Cheques agreed and wrote at the meeting

20/06/2017

ARM Handyworks

 £70.00

 

20/06/2017

R Kelly –Expenses

 £28.52

 

Monies received at the meeting

20/06/2017

Car Parking

 

£306.83

20/06/2017

Advert

 

£48.00

20/06/2017

Rent

 

£120.00

20/06/2017

Donation

 

£65.00

 

2017 / 60 - Highways

  • The clerk to advise CCC highways of the below:
    • Station road – needs weeded, swept etc.
    • Loose pavers on the raised pavement after crossing the A66, and vegetation encroaches the high pavement. 
    • Road sweeper – request for the roads to be swept before 11 July
  • Meeting between TPC and Highways England scheduled for 28 June at 1pm. 

2017 / 61 - Planning Applications

  • Cllr Carolyn Cripps left the room. 
  • 7/2017/3064 – Change of use of barn to holiday let – Middle Row Farm, Threlkeld, CA12 4SF – No objections. 

2017 / 62 - Correspondence

  • All correspondence circulated prior to the meeting was noted. 
  • Email from ACTion in Cumbria – It was agreed to request copied of the handout to circulate with Beneath Blencathra. 

2017 / 63 – Flag Flying Dates

  • Thanks to Craig Beattie for flying the flag while Cllr John Pickering is unable to. 
  • 17 July Birthday of the Duchess of Cornwall

2017 / 64 - Reps. Reports

  • None

2017 / 65 - Matters to be placed on the next agenda

  • As above

2017 / 66 - Date of the next meeting

  • The next Parish Council meeting will be held on Tuesday 18 July 2017, at 7.30pm.

The meeting was closed at 20.45