Parish Council Minutes - July 17

Minutes of the Threlkeld Parish Council Meeting held at Threlkeld Village Hall, on Tuesday 18 July 2017 at 7.00pm

Present:  Cllr Carolyn Cripps chaired the meeting with Cllr Donald Angus, Cllr Mick Le’Huray, Cllr Dot Benson, Cllr Madeleine Singleton, Cllr John Pickering, Cllr Roger Bragg, Cllr Les Dalzell, Cllr David Arkley and Cllr Richard Sealby (EDC) attended.

Members of Public

1 Member of the public

2017 / 67 – Apologies

  • Cllr Tom Wentworth-Waites

2017 / 68 - Minutes

  • The minutes of the Council meeting held on 20 June 2017 was agreed for signing and initialling as a true record (Circulated prior to meeting).

2017 / 69 - Declarations of Interest

  • None

2017 / 70 - Exclusion of Press & Public (Public Bodies Admission to Meetings Act 1960)

  • Not applicable to any agenda items. 

2017 / 71 - Democratic Half Hour / Public Question Time

  • None

2017 / 72 - Eden District Council & Cumbria County Council Representation 

  • Cllr Richard Sealby informed the parish council that at the recent EDC council meeting devolution, footway lighting and affordable housing were discussed.   
  • Cllr Tom Wentworth-Waites sent his apologies for the meeting, with an update Could you report that I’ve made enquiries about TV/PHONE signal, no response yet. Parking and road signs and progress on the railway path will be addressed at ELC next week.

2017 / 73 – Parking within the village when events are held

  • The parking at recent events, was discussed, the Clerk advised she had spoken to Jo Alberti regarding the issue, and the VHT would speak about the issue again.
  • It was noted that there is no road sign for Station Road, which may help the problem.  The Clerk to price a sign and speak to the owner of Mount Pleasant to see if permission would be given for the sign to be placed on the building. 

2017 / 74 – Trees at Mellbutts

  • The Clerk advised that Home Housing are stating the trees/bushes are not able to be cut until September, due to birds nesting.  The Clerk to speak to Home Housing again, and emphasise the urgency for these works to be completed. 

2017 / 75 – Kiln Howe

  • It was agreed that Kiln Howe requires some works to tidy the area.  The Parish Council walked round and agreed that a lot of work was required to tidy the area.
  • The Clerk to request the grass cutting contractor meets with a PC representative when they are next in the village.
  • The catch pit has still not been emptied, the gravel heap has not been removed and the damage to the banking further downstream has still not been addressed.   The Clerk to contact the Environment Agency, Tom Wentworth-Waites and Rory Stewart, and if no progress has been made by 31 July the press will be invited to the site.

2017 / 76 – Village Information Board

  • It was agreed for Cllr Donald Angus to continue progressing the plan for a village information board, and report back to the next meeting. 

2017 / 77 – Police

  • Cllr Mick Le’Huray voiced his concerns at not being able to contact the police using the 101 system, due to long waits, and that 999 say to call 101.  The Clerk to contact Peter McCall. 

2017 / 78 – TV Interference

  • It was agreed for the Clerk to continue liaising with Cllr Tom Wentworth-Waites regarding the issues, and to also contact Rory Stewart. 

2017 / 79 – Garden Waste Skip

  • There have not been any more fly tipping incidents. 

2017 / 80 – Flood Bins

  • It was agreed to reduce the number of flood bins to 2, and look for suitable storage for the sand. 

2017 / 81 – Weeds

  • The weeds and overgrown trees at the east end of the village were discussed, and it was agreed:
    • Weeds on A66 verge – request Highways England address
    • Trees on road in to Threlkeld – request CCC Highways address

2017 / 82 – Monies available to the Parish Council

  • To discuss at the next meeting. 

2017 / 83 - Finance           

  • 59.1 - The Bank Reconciliation for July 2017 was approved for signing by the Chairman

Date

Description

Expenditure

Income

18/07/2017

R Kelly Expenses

 £55.02

 

18/07/2017

ARM Handyworks

 £70.00

 

28/07/2017

R Kelly Wages

 £204.10

 

Cheques agreed and wrote at the meeting

18/07/2017

McKanes

 £57.25

 

18/07/2017

R Bragg

 £187.50

 

18/07/2017

R Kelly Expenses

 £7.85

 

18/07/2017

D Allaker

 £12.80

 

Monies received at the meeting

18/07/2017

Car Parking

 

£346.65

18/07/2017

Advert

 

£40.00

18/07/2017

Rent

 

£175.00

 

2017 / 84 - Highways

  • The highways spokesman advised that Highways England, EDC and CCC have denied responsibility for the fence between Town Cross and the A66, the Clerk to contact EHA to request it is fixed, due to children getting through. 
  • Meeting between TPC and Highways England seemed positive, the Clerk to contact Highways England for an update.    

2017 / 85 - Planning Applications

  • None

2017 / 86 - Correspondence

  • All correspondence circulated prior to the meeting was noted. 
  • Email from CALC – Satisfaction Survey – Cllr David Arkley to complete 
  • EDC letter – nominations of community volunteers – to be discussed at the next meeting. 

2017 / 87 – Flag Flying Dates

  • None

2017 / 88 - Reps. Reports

  • Cllr Dot Benson – Village Hall Trust
  • Cllr Les Dalzell – School House Trust

2017 / 89 - Matters to be placed on the next agenda

  • As above

2017 / 90 - Date of the next meeting

  • The next Parish Council meeting will be held on Tuesday 22 August 2017, at 7.30pm.

The meeting was closed at 21.10