Parish Council Minutes - February 2018

Minutes of the Threlkeld Parish Council Meeting held at Threlkeld Village Hall, on Tuesday 20 February 2018 at 7.30pm

Present:  Cllr Carolyn Cripps chaired the meeting with Cllr Donald Angus, Mick Le’Huray, Cllr Dot Benson, Cllr John Pickering, Cllr David ArkleyCllr Madeleine Singleton and Cllr Les Dalzell attended.

Members of Public

1 Members of the public

2017 / 193 – Apologies

• Cllr Roger Bragg & Cllr Richard Sealby (EDC)

2017 / 194 - Minutes

• The minutes of the Council meeting held on 23 January 2018 was agreed for signing and initialling as a true record (Circulated prior to meeting).

2017 / 195 - Declarations of Interest

• None

2017 / 196 - Exclusion of Press & Public (Public Bodies Admission to Meetings Act 1960)

• Not applicable to any agenda items.  

2017 / 197 - Democratic Half Hour / Public Question Time

• None

2017 / 198 - Planning Applications

Reference No.

Description

Location

Comments

7/2018/3004

(Confirmation of compliance with condition attached to planning permission)

Approval of details reserved by condition on planning permission 7/2016/3140: conditions 3 (surface water), 4 (foul & surface water) ,5 (footways) & 6 (footways) relating to 7 new build local affordable need dwellings

Land near Dalegarth, Threlkeld

No objections, however comments:

~ Lack of footpath, would be an ideal opportunity to construct a footpath along the road side

~ Number of lights – As EDC are currently in the process of devolving assets to parish councils, will EHA be keeping the lights or looking to get them adopted by EDC or CCC, if so, TPC would not be in a position to take these on too.  

2017 / 199 - Eden District Council & Cumbria County Council Representation  

• Cllr Richard Sealby sent his apologies
• Cllr Tom Wentworth-Waites did not attend the meeting.  

2017 / 200 – EDC Devolution and Transfer of Assets

• Due to no other options being available regarding he toilets, it was agreed that TPC cannot accept the devolution of the toilets from EDC to TPC, however TPC will support TVHT in their attempt to acquire the toilets. 

2017 / 201  Grant request

• It was agreed to provide a donation of £60 to Keswick & District First Responders.

2017 / 202 – Threlkeld Water Pumping Station

• It was agreed to accept the £200 compensation from UU

2017 / 203 – Keswick to Threlkeld Railway Footpath

• It was agreed to give a donation of £1000 towards the Keswick to Threlkeld Railway Footpath Fundraising campaign.

2017 / 204  Parking at the Recreation Field

• Cllr Donald Angus has confirmed that any money from the collection boxes goes to the Cricket Club, any other events on the Car Park (major events & large scale parking) goes to the Recreation Field Management Committee, this includes rent for grazing.  An agreement has been made with John Hume that the A66 contractors may use half the car park, leaving the rest for general parking & if they have any surplus tar, it is to be used on the access road into the field.  Each year any surplus money is given to local charities or deserving causes in the Village.

2017 / 205  Works at the Mines

• Cllr Donald Angus advised that there had been issues with the works which have been completed, and these issues are being rectified.  

2017 / 206 - Finance

• 206.1 - The Bank Reconciliation for February 2018 was approved for signing by the Chairman

DATE

DESCRIPTION

EXPENDITURE 

INCOME 

19/01/2018

Deposit

 

£           40.00 

24/01/2018

Deposit

 

£         285.66 

28/01/2018

Heart internet

£           15.59 

 

30/01/2018

Deposit

 

£           40.00 

02/02/2018

Deposit

 

£           80.00 

20/02/2018

R Kelly Expenses

£         131.04 

 

20/02/2018

McKanes

£           70.53 

 

28/02/2018

R Kelly Wages

£         204.10 

 

Cheques wrote at the meeting

20/02/2018

Keswick & District First Responders

£           60.00

 

20/02/2018

The Lake District Foundation

£       1000.00

 

Monies received at the meeting

20/02/2018

Car Parking

 

£         100.78

20/02/2018

Advertising

 

£           12.00

2017 / 207 - Highways

• The Highways Spokesperson gave an update including:
Trees on A66 – to be cut back in the near future
Crossing on A66 – to be looked at in conjunction with the crossing at Crosthwaite in the future
A66 road closure – this is because the road is narrower and due to the nature of the works required it is not safe to use a traffic light or convoy system.  The clerk advised she is working with the clerk of St Johns, Castlerigg & Wythburn, along with Rory Stewart to try and get a more workable solution.  

 

Potholes & drain – a CCC highways team is to come and look at the village
Drain at Sewerage works – the new pipe has failed- the water is backing up – Clerk t contact CCC
Bridleway from Cricket Club to Threlkeld Hall – Clerk to contact LDNPA to ask for it to be cleaned
Roadworks in village due to start 12 February have not started – clerk to get an update.  

2017 / 208 - Correspondence

• All correspondence circulated prior to the meeting was noted.  
• The Garden Waste Skip agreement has been received, it was agreed to sign and return to EDC.  

2017 / 209 - Flag Flying Dates

• None

2017 / 210 - Reps. Reports

• None

2017 / 211 - Matters to be placed on the next agenda

• As above
• Village Spring Clean
• Dickney – Car park, honesty box
• War Memorial
• Lighting
• Kiln Howe
• Annual Parish Meeting

2017 / 212 - Date of the next meeting

• The next Parish Council meeting will be held on Tuesday 2March 2018, at 7.30pm

 

The meeting was closed at 20.30