Parish Council Minutes - April 18

Minutes of the Threlkeld Parish Council Meeting held at Threlkeld Village Hall, on Tuesday 18 April 2018 at 7.30pm

 

Present:  Cllr Carolyn Cripps, chaired the meeting with Cllr Roger Bragg, Cllr Donald Angus, Mick Le’Huray, Cllr Dot Benson, Cllr David Arkley, Cllr John Pickering, Cllr Madeleine Singleton, Cllr Les Dalzell & Cllr Richard Sealby (EDC) attended

 

Members of Public

4 Members of the public

 

2017 / 236 – Apologies

  • None

2017 / 237 - Minutes

  • The minutes of the Council meeting held on 20 March 2018 was agreed for signing and initialling as a true record (Circulated prior to meeting).

2017 / 238 - Declarations of Interest

  • None

2017 / 239 - Exclusion of Press & Public (Public Bodies Admission to Meetings Act 1960)

  • Not applicable to any agenda items. 

2017 / 240 - Democratic Half Hour / Public Question Time

  • None

2017 / 241 - Planning Applications

Reference No.

Description

Location

Comments

7/2018/3041

Conversion of disused building in to living accommodation

Disused building to West of St Mary’s Church Lane, Threlkeld, Keswick

Advise received previously from LDNPA was that the building was not suitable for living accommodation. 

Parish Council wish if permission is granted for there to be a local occupancy clause on the building, and that it is not used for holiday letting.

The building was last used as accommodation in the 1700’s, and latterly was used as a Joiners Shop. 

7/2018/3041

Conversion of disused building in to living accommodation

Disused building to West of St Mary’s Church Lane, Threlkeld, Keswick

2017 / 242 - Eden District Council & Cumbria County Council Representation 

  • Cllr Richard Sealby advised there is a full council meeting on Thursday 19 April, and items on the agenda include the commercial plan, and the A66 flyover proposals. 

2017 / 243 – EDC Devolution and Transfer of Assets

  • No update

2017 / 244 – Jubilee Croft

  • Wall – it was agreed to monitor the situation, Nick Turley to contact if the condition deteriorates. 

2017 / 245 – Kiln Howe

  • It was agreed for the clerk to request a response within 7 days, or TPC will contact the local press.

 

2017 / 246 – Telephone Box Sign

  • It was agreed for the clerk to contact Highway England to ask when the sign review will be completed.
  • It was agreed to request that the telephone sign is removed/blanked out.

2017 / 247 – Cumbria in Bloom

  • It was agreed to make a request in the Beneath Blencathra for wellies to be used for planters and a request for volunteers.
  • Cllr David Arkley advised he was willing to provide some helpers to do a clean-up before the judging, TPC thanked David for this offer. 

The meeting was adjourned at 8pm to hold the Annual Meeting of Electors and resumed at 8.25pm.

2017 / 248 – Dickney

  • It was agreed for the Clerk to contact the resident who had made contact regarding the access to the field, and the information held.
  • It was also agreed for the Clerk to contact Roger Taylor for additional advice
  • A tree was reported to have blown over, a resident advised he would remove it. 

2017 / 249 - Finance

  • 249.1 - The Bank Reconciliation for April 2018 was approved for by the Chairman

DATE

DESCRIPTION

 EXPENDITURE

 INCOME

18/04/2018

CALC

£    165.00

 

18/04/2018

McKanes

£      91.98

 

18/04/2018

R Kelly

£         3.00

 

18/04/2018

R Carter

£         6.00

 

18/04/2018

D Angus

£       22.13

 

Monies received at the meeting

18/04/2018

Car Parking

 

£         217.98

18/04/2018

Advertising

 

£          56.00

18/04/2018

Rent

 

£        205.00

 

2017 / 250 - Highways

  • The Highways Spokesperson gave an update including:
    • Barriers left near to sewage works by CCC.
    • Potholes A66 west junction
    • Beck under the business park culverts are full – Cllr Mick Le’Huray and Cllr David Arkley to look at and send information to the Clerk. 

2017 / 251 - Correspondence

  • All correspondence circulated prior to the meeting was noted. 

2017 / 252 - Flag Flying Dates

  • Queen’s Birthday – 21 April
  • St Georges Day 23 April
  • Royal Wedding
  • New Royal Baby

2017 / 253 - Reps. Reports

  • Village Clean up – If repeated better organisation required.  Asbestos found, and needs collected from Cllr John Pickering’s house, the clerk to arrange.

2017 / 254 - Matters to be placed on the next agenda

  • As above
  • Path from Town Cross to A66
  • Outdoor Classroom
  • Path around Jubilee Croft

2017 / 255 - Date of the next meeting

  • The next Parish Council meeting will be held on Tuesday 22 May 2018, at 7.30pm

The meeting was closed at 20.55